Monday, May 26, 2014

San Diego

May 26, 2014.  Our last day on the Pacific Coast.  

I think I'm running out of gas, because I have very little to write today. We both are tired. 

We got up, got dressed, and ate breakfast at the hotel. I had promised Bar that we'd go to a Goodwill store today if we could find one, so we went to 3 Goodwill and 1 thrift stores between when we left our hotel until we checked into tonight's hotel.  She found several items that she had to have, and I found some kitchen items that I liked and a couple of surprises for my GF.  I just hope I'm not overweight in my checked bag...  

Because of fatigue, we decided to rest and pack bags this afternoon and evening rather than sightseeing.  I think it was the right thing to do. 

Our hotel for tonight is located very convenient to the car return area, and they have a shuttle to the terminals, so tomorrow should be easy to turn in the car and get to where we need to be to fly home.  Our flight leaves San Diego at 10:15am and flies to San Francisco.  Then we kill 3 hours in the airport before our flight home takes off.  We're scheduled to arrive at RDU at 11:03pm.  GF is picking us up and we'll go to Clayton for the night. 

Big Sis and GF each go to their homes on Wednesday. 

So, the trip is almost done. But not the blog.  I'll write a final post before the weekend to record some overall thoughts about the trip as well as to record some trivia for the final post.  

BTW, I'll post some pics of earlier times so you will have something nice to look at to compensate for my pitiful writing.  Enjoy!  


1 Comments:

At May 26, 2014 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Sheila said...

Maybe UPS some of your things home. What a great vacation. I've enjoyed every post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home